The group returned to Southden, got their reward and a job offer, and then journeyed north back to Wymar. They found an early winter setting in, and decided to venture into the Faerie to see what was going on. There they found the Summer Realm covered in snow, and Queen Titania weakened.
Reaping The Rewards
- After harvesting the dragon, the group returned to Southden, and was brought immediately to the palace.
- Imperial Elect Lucius Surius welcomed them personally.
- He offered them a job as special agents serving him directly.
- The group promised to think about it, but said they needed to return to north first (they didn’t tell Surius, but they wanted to get their favor to Titania out of the way).
- Afterwards they talked with the bureaucrats, who calculated Rudolf’s weight in gold (since he was the one who killed the dragon).
- The group managed to convince the bureaucrats to get the gold paid out in merchant notes.
- It took a day to get the merchant notes arranged, during which the group enjoyed the hospitality of the palace.
- Surius borrowed the group an imperial messenger yacht to take them up-river.
- On the way north, they experienced seasonally early snow. Rudolf figured that it was very early for snow to appear.
- Once they reached the first ford, they had to change over to one of the river rafts heading north.
- They got back to Marshalbourg
- They found a thriving smuggling activity on the docks, and Zorg had received a message from the baron, asking if he could do something to curb the rampant smuggling. Since Zorg had an agreement with meister Sarkos he decided to do nothing.
- Otherwise, the village was progressing nicely, with a finished palisade and the militia regularly venturing out to keep the surroundings safe from goblins.
- Zorg gave 500(?)gp to Giles for the continued development of Marshalbourg.
- Then they went into the forest, to cross over into the Faerie.
- It had at that point been lightly snowing almost continuously for several days.
Rudolf’s New Gear
Tarkin’s New Gear
Fey Shirt traded for flasks of Dragon Blood.
Thrunn’s New Gear
Dragonscale Breastplate crafted from Dragon Scales.
Zorg’s New Gear
Zorg’s New Gear
Winter in the Summer Realm
- In the Faerie, they found the ground covered in snow.
- They found a fairy shivering in the cold, and got it to show them to Queen Titania’s castle.
- The fairy told them that the Summer Realm was in crisis, with winter covering the land, and Titania weakened by an unknown condition.
- Once at the castle, Rudolf visited Titania who was bedridden.
- Titania figured that the curse could only be cast by someone who had access to some of her magic.
- This brought on the thought that since Cassandra the Red had been gifted the Dancing Staff and Returning Hammer for the release of Lem, she might be responsible.
- Rudolf also, to himself, considered that the fey that he traded the Oathbow with, might have worked for Cassandra.
- Titania also reluctantly admitted that if the group were to solve this problem, it would amount to a favor large enough to wipe all their debts with her.
- The group figured that they might have to fight Cassandra to get the items back.
- They partly figured this, because they really wanted to kick her ass. They had been seriously tired of her manipulations for some time.
- Before they left, however, the group decided that they would like to spend some time training, and wanted to avail themselves of Titania’s trolls to craft them some magic with the dragon parts they had acquired. Seeing as how time had no meaning in the Faerie, they could take all the time they wanted to prepare.