Where the group journeys north on a barge, enters the underground canal, and encounter the Compelling Tunnel.
h5. (15th of Stocks – 22nd of Stocks)
- Whitelock and Black Spark hired a barge, which met the group a day’s journey to the north of Glasmond.
- The owner of the barge, Thrawn, was the kind of person not to ask too many question when offered good money.
- His two helpers, a pair of beefy, gay dudes, were Charan and Kesin.
- They didn’t talk much, despite Zorg’s intrigued questions about their sexuality.
- In the end, the group paid a hefty amount of money for the trip, and ended up purchasing the barge, when Thrawn didn’t want to go further.
- He didn’t want to end up like all the others that had entered the Dwarven Canal and not returned.
- So the group entered the Dwarven Canal alone, on the barge.
The Compelling Tunnel
h5. (22nd of Stocks, underground)
- The group encountered a side tunnel to the canal, apparently dug from outside with tools.
- The group felt compelled to enter the tunnel, some more than others.
- Ragnar, who had scouted ahead, were already gone.
- The group’s horses apparently also felt the pull, as they all ran down the tunnel.
- Detect magic revealed an enchantment aura in the air all around.
- After some talking, Whitelock, Vats and Karlein were the ones that felt the draw the strongest, and continued to argue for exploration.
- The arguing continued until they save torchlight approaching down the tunnel.
- It turned out to be four dwarves and five humans (three in Halacian soldier uniforms).
- The group asked if they were also here to join the Brotherhood, to merge in Unity, under the Master.
- Any questioning tended to run in rings, with the most information available being that he was Glorious, Huge and apparently not a human.
- And he would bring everyone to Unity.
- The group started preparing to pull the barge into the tunnel, all helpful, sending one of the dwarves back down the tunnel to get more people to help.
- That is when Zorg whapped one of them with his great axe (nonlethally of course).
- The rest of the group rushed forward.
- Most of the non-compelled party members subdued the rest of the group.
- Karlein successfully cast Hideous Laughter on Zorg.
- Vren, a bit bloodthirsty, killed the three soldiers, before Tarkin admonished her to only use nonlethal attacks.
- Once the fight was over, all the unconscious people were tied up.
- That group ended up including Karlein, who Zorg knocked out.
- Whitelock was not tied up, but was put under guard by Vren.
- Then the group pushed the raft upstream, until getting outside the aura.